Online roulette is a fun game that is popular worldwide for its wheel and many variations. These variations all have special features that may dramatically increase payouts, or simply increase odds for winning.
In this guide to online roulette games, you will find out all you need to know about the game. This includes how to play, how to select the best casino, and how to know if you’re playing a fair game.
Keep reading and you can increase your chances of winning online Roulette. However, this is only possible if you listen to our important tips and follow them religiously.
How to Play Online Roulette
Learning how to play Roulette online involves a number of things and steps to learn. But we must first begin with the rules and learn how to place the bets.
Online Roulette Rules
Roulette is easy to play, and it makes use of a wheel, a ball, and a dealer. The dealer or croupier spins the wheel and then spins the ball in the opposite direction in a compartment. The ball then lands on the wheel and spins until it comes to a stop.
The aim of playing online Roulette for real money is to predict where the ball will land on the wheel when it stops spinning. The wheel is divided into little pockets based on colours and numbers, and attached to it is a betting table with a combination of everything that you can wager on.
For you to understand how the game can be won, you need to understand how the wheel is divided. Here’s how:
- By Colour: There are three different colours you can possibly have on the online roulette wheel, and it is the same in all variations of the game. They are red, black, and green. Green is usually given to the 0 and 00 pockets, while red and black are shared (usually evenly) between the rest of the numbered pockets on the wheel.
- By Number: When you play the standard version of roulette online, the wheel has 37 pockets. These pockets are numbered from 1 to 36 and have an extra 0 pocket. Some other variations mix this up to provide variation like including an extra 00 pocket or reducing the number of pockets on the wheel.
Place a Bet on Online Roulette
The different categorizations based on colour and numbers have created a good variety of sports betting options. There are several types of bets that you can place when you play online Roulette. They include:
- Evens/Odds: There are thirty-six numbers in traditional roulette. Out of these, 18 are even numbers and 18 are odd numbers. This excludes the 0 (and 00 when present). The odds of winning this bet at a standard Roulette table is 48.6%; like all even-money bets.
- Red/Black: On the betting table, you can place your bet on the red or black spaces to bet on the red or black pockets of the wheel. This is also an even-money bet with odds of winning at 48.6%.
- High/Low: “Low” is a bet on the first half of the numbers from 1 to 18, while “High” is from 19 to 36. This is also an even-money bet with 48.6% odds of hitting.
- Dozen Bet: You can bet on any of the three dozens i.e 1 to 12, 13 to 24, and 25 to 36. This bet has odds of hitting at 32.4%.
- Column Bets: The thirty-six black and red pockets are arranged in three columns that you can bet on. The odds of hitting this is also 32.4% like the dozen bet.
Inside Bets are very dynamic and can have odds ranging from very small to fairly high. It all depends on the placement of your chip on the betting table. The most basic bet is a “Straight” which involves placing your bet on a single number.
This has the highest payout at 35:1, however, it has the lowest odds of hitting at 2.7%. Other types of inside bets include:
- Split: Bet on two numbers by placing your chip between two numbers
- Corner: Bet on four numbers by placing your chip on the corner that they share.
- Six Line: Bet on six consecutive numbers by placing the chip on the outer corner shared by the two leftmost or rightmost numbers.
Online Roulette is very dynamic, and the call or announced bets are good examples of that fact. The call bets are bets placed on pockets of the wheel based on how they actually appear on the wheel. Not all online Roulette casinos offer them, but when they do, they’re a great alternative to the low odds and high payouts of inside bets and the high odds and low payouts of outside bets.
Depending on the arrangement of the pockets in your preferred online Roulette variation, you’ll find different numbers in these betting options. Examples of Call bets include Voisins du Zero ( around 9 numbers close to the 0 pocket), Orphelins, Jeu Zero, Le tiers du cylindre, and final bets which involve numbers whose final digits are the same. For example, 4, 14, 24, and 34.
The Best Online Roulette Games in India
There are several online roulette games that you can play to win real money. This variety is mostly due to the many ways that the wheel can be modified to provide a new game. Some of the online roulette variations include:
There are three classic online roulette games to play at an online casino . They include:
- European Roulette: This version of the game follows the exact same structure of standard roulette. It makes use of a 37-pocket wheel, with a green 0 pocket and 36 red and black pockets. European Roulette has a house edge of 2.6%.
- American Roulette: Of all the online roulette games, American Roulette is popular for its addition of the second green pocket that is numbered 00. This increases the house edge of the game in comparison to European Roulette to 5.25%.
- French Roulette: French Roulette follows the basic structure of standard Roulette with one green 0 pocket from a 37-pocket wheel. However, two special rules set it apart from others. These rules are:
- En Prison: If you make an even-money bet, and you lose by the ball landing on zero, your bet gets locked in for when the wheel is spun again. This way, you have a chance of winning if you lose a wager the first time.
- La Partage: If you place an even-money bet and it loses to the ball landing on zero, the la Partage rule will return half your bet to you.
These two rules greatly reduce the house edge created for the casino operators by the 0 pocket. This is why the house edge of French Roulette is one of the best at 1.35%
The advent of online gambling has given developers so much liberty to explore the fundamentals of the game. One big introduction was live dealer roulette, and with it came other variations.
Some of those variations include Mini Roulette, Lightning Roulette, Double Ball Roulette, Immersive Roulette, etc.
Is Playing Online Roulette in India Fair?
You may be skeptical about virtual online Roulette games because you can’t see exactly how results are being generated. However, if you play online Roulette at a properly regulated and licensed online casino, this is not a problem.
Out of the many things that licensing and regulatory bodies vet for an online casino, there are two important ones that determine that you’re playing a fair game. They are:
- Random Number Generator (RNG): This is the automated independent software that generates the outcomes of spins. Regulators test the RNG of casinos to make sure that they are working independently and are producing results that are truly random.
- Return to Player (RTP): This is the expected returns that players will get over a long period of time. It is the percentage of the total amount of payouts won in proportion to the total amount of bets placed. The calculated percentage being close to the expected results is proof that the game is fair. The regulatory bodies carry out these calculations themselves by simulating a series of wagers on the game.
Play at the Best Indian Roulette Casinos in 2022
When you want to play roulette online, you should always consider that the casino that you select will not give you problems. You can know the best real money casinos in India with any of these 5 features:
- License: A good casino should have an operating license – this is non negotiable. Asides from having fair games to play, you’ll also get a secure website, and you’ll be indulging in a legal activity.
- Roulette Bonuses: The casino bonus is an invention that is specific to online casinos as a way to attract users to the heavily competitive market. It’s the same for roulette games. You can get rewarded with a welcome bonus, match deposit bonus, a no deposit bonus, loyalty program rewards, and many other types of roulette bonuses that will boost your bankroll and increase the quality of your gameplay.
- Banking Methods: This is very important in a casino. You can enjoy winnings from playing roulette online, however, you must be able to quickly withdraw or deposit funds when you want to, and safely too. Some of the best banking methods for casino transactions are e-wallets like Paypal and Neteller, crypto coins like bitcoin, mobile options like GPay and Apple Pay, UPI methods like PAytm and PhonePe, as well as regular bank wires which can be facilitated by platforms like Trustly and Klarna to keep your bank details safe.
- Customer Support: Good online roulette casinos have customer support channels like phone calls, emails, 24/7 live chat representative, etc.
- Variety of Online Roulette Games: There are many versions of Roulette games to play. If you have a great casino that is licensed, has good bonuses, customer support and banking methods, you don’t want to begin looking for another good one like it just to play a different version of Roulette online.
Frequently Asked Questions
Roulette is a fun game to play, and it’s structure gives it the ability to be molded into many fun versions of Roulette. These variations have different features that make one more enticing than the other.
Learn how to select the right casino so that you can cash in on any version of the game that you like. And where else can you learn about playing online roulette & other online casino games than here on our website.
We have dedicated Roulette guides for all the different variations that you should check out and start winning real money with if you follow our Roulette tips diligently.